Like my Tamar Braxton reference, dontcha?
I don’t know about you, but I’m always looking for tips and suggestions to make my homekeeping a little easier. Here are just five that I found on the interwebs.
1. This first one comes to us by way of Be Different, Act Normal (love that name!) I have quite a collection of scarves, but they until now they’ve just sat in a bin on a shelf in my closet. I always wanted a better way to arrange them to see what I have, but it never occurred to me to do this: put them on shower curtain rings and clip onto a hanger, which then goes on your closet rod.
image courtesy of Be Different, Act Normal
2. This one is especially near and dear to my heart, as an avid DIYer. Up until now, I would just throw out my paintbrushes after a few uses (ssshhhh, don’t tell Hubby, or the Environmentalists). Coming from This Old House is an idea to revive your paintbrushes to almost new Soak your paintbrushes in vinegar for 30 minutes. So simple!
image courtesy of This Old House
3. I battle the dust monster in my house, and it seems like they do love to settle on baseboards. Something that little really affects how clean your house looks. This, from the fabulous folks at Apartment Therapy: Dust your baseboards with a dryer sheet. Added bonus, your house will smell nice too, even if for just a few minutes.
image courtesy of Apartment Therapy
My twist on this? Anytime one of the kids says something about being bored, hand them a dryer sheet and tell them to get to work. There, two birds, one stone!
4. I do like this one…so much! From craftgawker: Remove a salt box top, attach to a pretty piece of cardstock fitted into a mason jar lid. Great for a those loose flowing powders in the kitchen like baking soda, baking powder, and duh, salt.
image courtesy of craftgawker
5. This last one from the minds of Real Simple. I haven’t tried it yet, but it looks like a great idea! Sprinkle some baby powder in the pits of your stain and iron, to prevent sweat stains. Pretty cool, I say.
image courtesy of Real Simple magazine
Now, That’s Cleva!. Five great ideas to make your home keeping a little easier.